Commissions and originals
- Examples of works can be found at the Gallery.
- Commission prices are, as a very rough guide:
- A3 between £150 and £400
- A2 between £200 and £800.
- The margin only closes (or even widens) to a quote price once the nature and complexity of the piece is clear. This depends on things like photo resolution, number of faces, extra details and inclusion/exclusion of a “background”. Contact me for details or a quote price.
- Please note: The quality of the finished piece is highly dependent upon the quality of the photograph provided. The most successful drawings are almost exclusively derived from professional photos, for which a D-SLR camera, or equivalent, has been used. Many smartphone-captured images can suffer from low resolution, noise and pincushion distortion, which affects the quality and accuracy of the final drawing.
- If there are faces of people or animals in the image, the larger the better. It may be difficult to replicate idiosyncratic nuances, lines or expressions if the face is too small, and the image may be rejected if the faces of any characters of interest are under the size of a two pence piece.
- A simple, 12mm black wooden frame with glass aperture is normally applied to the end product, and is included in any quote price. Higher quality framing and mounting options can be specified, but unfortunately bespoke frame sizes cannot. Please contact your local framer for this instead.
- A deposit of 20% of the quote price is required prior to undertaking any works.
- If your commission is not due unil after December, please inform me of this, so that Christmas requests can be prioritised.
- Alex Fleming Art will not be held responsible for issues surrounding the submission or interpretation of images under copyright, rights-management or those upon which royalties are due. Material submitted must be free to replicate, otherwise permission should be obtained from the relevant party in advance.
- For information on existing original works of art, check the About section, or Contact me for more details.
- Original works of art are for sale. Again, Contact me for details.
Giclée Fine Art Prints
- The prints of images from the Gallery are created using light fast inks on archival Hahnemühle Photo Rag Pearl (320gsm), or Hahnemühle German Etching paper (310gsm). The Pearl paper has a soft sheen finish with deep blacks. The German Etching paper has a textured, matte finish with slightly lighter blacks.
- The digital images used to reproduce prints are captured by professional photographers at The Studio in Poulton, to ensure as much likeness as possible to the original artwork.
- Product descriptions detail the artwork title, the price of the print, and the size of both the paper used and the printed image.
- Each print is individually inspected, approved, hand-signed, dated and numbered by Alex.
Yemen Crisis Appeal
- £5 from every print sold from”Street Photo Series I” will be donated to UNICEF’s Yemen Crisis Appeal until sold out. You will receive a screenshot of the donation made through your purchase, to which you may wish to refer for tax purposes. For more information, this link navigates to the donation site.
- Unframed prints are rolled in protective, acid-free glassine paper, complete with a certificate of authenticity, and shipped in a reinforced postal tube.
- If collected locally, unframed prints are instead backed with mount board, covered with glassine paper, placed in a sealed cellophane bag and then into a fortified envelope.
- Framed prints arrive in a simple, 12mm black wooden frame with perspex aperture, complete with a certificate of authenticity and ready to hang, inside a reinforced and padded box. If the order includes a mount with backing board, the print will already be mounted inside the frame.
- All artwork is insured against loss and damage between the point of postage and the point of delivery.
- Packages require a signature upon delivery.
- Please allow up to 14 days for processing and shipping, after the completion of the sale or sale event.
- Mainland UK customers are charged £4.95 for delivery of unframed prints, and £7.95 for framed prints.
- Free UK delivery applies to orders of over £50.
- When requesting a commission, the delivery fee (signed for, including full protection) will be included in the price quoted if required.
- European delivery is charged at a flat rate of £14.95.
- For non-European delivery, please Contact me for a quote.
- The shipping fee will only be charged once if multiple items are purchased in a single transaction with delivery to a single address.
- Non-UK customers are responsible for duties and taxes incurred by their country of residence.
- Only secure payments (Paypal or major credit/debit card) are accepted using the site checkout.
- Claims regarding product damage or loss during transit must be registered with the courier.
- If a problem or fault is found on a print, please use the Contact form to report the issue within 24 hours of receipt, so that the printers can be informed and you can be given a replacement as soon as possible. You must provide your order confirmation and a description of the problem. You will be contacted as soon as possible to resolve the issue.
- This domain, and all of its subdomains, are SSL-certified. This means that any personal information entered through the website is fully encrypted, and safe from the threat of phishing scams or other fraudulent activity.